incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joost Andrae <Joost.And...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] IDE, comment translation, debugging, documentation and other development issues
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 08:23:16 GMT
Hi Andrea,

> OK, but if a developer bumps into German comments while investigating
> code, it doesn't harm to check in a translation to English. Most of our
> more experienced developers know German and English, so it won't be
> problematic to find someone who can ensure that the translation is correct.
>
> On the other hand, I'm not sure that a systematic translation of German
> comments makes sense, since there are modules that are or will soon be
> deprecated; it probably makes more sense to translate when needed.

you got it: This way ("translate when needed") is preferable for all
code that is not deprecated. Fortunately there are a lot of developers
here who can understand those comments and who could help to translate
them into English but translating shouldn't be the main focus eg. just
for counting code changes like within our main fork (hint hint...).

Kind regards, Joost