incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From jan iversen <jancasacon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DOCUMENTATION]Wrong use of scientific notation
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2012 17:32:33 GMT
May I politely as a mathematician point out that there is a major
difference in the 2 proposals.

Number 1 is a mathematical expression whereas number 2 is a number.

Now I do not know where it is used, but if I copy both suggestions into
Calc, it believes it is text.

Should we not have a format that our own calc accept as a number ??

I agree with andrea that number 2 is more readable (and then forget it is
not a number).

rgds
Jan I.