incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <>
Subject Re: Presentation
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2012 00:12:20 GMT
Hi Galileo,

you are welcome.

Galileo Teco Juárez schrieb:
> hi i am new .. my name is Galileo. I am Chiapas Mexico
> I join the list of partners to contribute to the OpenOffice Suite as part
> of my university course.
> I have knowledge in: Java, C, C + +, GNU / Linux, Windows XD, other things.
> I hope to assist in this great community, and learn a lot.
> How I can start?

First you need to decide which is your area of interest.

If you are interested in working on the core, you first need a own build
of Apache OpenOffice. In that case follow the guide in

If you are interested in writing an extension, then you should download
the SDK as well and read the developers guide in

Or is your interest something different? For example:
Improving XHTML export filter, which is a XSLT based filter
Writing technical documentation?
Helping in testing by writing and executing tests?

Are you interested in a special module?

We sure have a task, which you are interested in. But to give you a more
specific help, you should write a little bit more, what you want to do
and how many time you plan to invest.

Kind regards

View raw message