incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: old business...old OpenOffice domain names registered by Oracle (primarily)
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 17:34:57 GMT
On 31/10/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>> In order to take control of the DNS for each domain we need someone
>> with Apache Infrastructure karma to work in concert with the proper
>> person from Oracle in order to transfer all of these domain
>> registrations.
> This is exactly what we did, right?  But the JIRA issue did not
> progress.  Our fault for not noting that there was a clock ticking

Actually these domains are still there: I tested 5 random ones from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4906 and as Dave write they
appear to have been (auto)renewed. They do not resolve, but WHOIS shows
that they still exist and still belong to Oracle.

Which means that https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4906 can
progress normally with the transfer of ownership of those domains to the
ASF. I asked on the issue page details on the next steps.

Regards,
   Andrea.