incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "zheng.easyfan" <>
Subject 回复: Ask for advice:cloud office interoperability
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 04:41:31 GMT

HI, Zhun Guo:

In general, I agree with your second point in the mail that, we should make  better interoperability
of office productions. And my opinion here is that, in the category of interoperability, we
even should not trying to separate the office applications as on line or off line ones. For
whatever the type of an office application it is, the exactly necessary function it should
supplied is to represent a document with specified file format correctly. And to any document
from any user of any office application, there should be only one CORRECT representation result
And I guess, the interoperability topics are the most important ones for each member of this
community. For such kind of issues, as the most visible ones, are always directly driven by
users :(
So, what is your suggestion or idea for it?

已从三星手机发送zhun guo <> 写道:Dear  All:
        It is necessary for all cloud office interoperability with each other. Do you
think so ?
    What I want to do,is not to design a product for my own company. I just want to , between
all cloud office websites, it can send documents quickly. Such as ,Google Docs can send documents
to Microsoft Office 365 quickly,  and directly . But now , Google Docs can only send documents
using email (SMTP) to Hotmail.    So i think HTTP(SPDY) is better than SMTP  for transfer
online office documents  ?  So we  should suggest ,IBM Docs and Office 365 ,
 use the same protocol.
   The second thing I want to do ,all online office interoperability .  your know , for
native office, an Microsoft Office 2010 document  should be open and reedit by an
user , it means native office interoperability.    Then for the cloud office, it also need
   So let us do this thing together!As I know ,you all are great man and warmhearted!  ?Thanks
  Please see more details in my email attachments! or via a web site:
   Best Regards!

Zhun Guo
Shanghai Biaoma IT Co.