incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joost Andrae <Joost.And...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Documentation for writing addins
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2012 09:47:46 GMT
Hi Christof,

 > I am trying to write an addin for AOO writer. Thank google I found a fiew
> examples for additional calc functions and a bit of interface documentations
> so I was able to more or less guess how the code for my writer addin should
> look like.
>
> Where I completelly am lost is on the various XML FIles. Is there any document
> describing the contents of an XCU file and a description.xml? The latter is not
> that much of a problem, because I can at least get enough of it from some
> examples I found. The XCU fules are the bug issue.

you're probably looking for the Developer Guide:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide

and the Administration Guide:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Administration_Guide

Maybe you've been looking for the wrong keyword 'addin' because
'extension' might be what you're looking for. Addins in Calc just extend
the formula base in Calc whereas Extensions extent functionality within
the applications.

And have a look at the API documentation:
http://www.openoffice.org/api/

Kind regards, Joost