incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] Releasing new languages for 3.4.1
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 23:48:44 GMT

On Oct 26, 2012, at 12:07 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> ...  it would probably allow to skip the release process and voting, since we would merely
be adding 3-5 binary artifacts (built for different platforms).

It is an interesting question if we should only vote for source releases. Certainly these
are the only "official" release. I think that the practice is to vote for binary packages
as well. Clearly those have a different bar. It is worth discussing, but I am inclined to
think that we do need to VOTE on these packages, but in this case we are voting at a certain
level of trust for the packager and translations.

View raw message