incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Policy question: How to link to books about OpenOffice?
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 02:48:14 GMT

On 12-10-08, at 17:24 , Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:

> Rob Weir wrote:
>> I'm hesitant to just list every book that is published. ...
>> List them only when requested (like we do with consultants)?
>
> This is probably the best option.
>
>> List them but screen out ones that we consider to be
>> "low value", e.g., an identical reprint of a free eBook?
>
> We have lazy consensus in place for consultants and the same would apply here: if someone
believes that a submitted entry is problematic, or that another book should be listed instead
of the submitted one, he can just speak up.

> Regards,
>  Andrea.

What I did before was what can be done better now, to have the author or his/her agent either
request listing or list it, and to permit this only within the stipulated constraints of relevance,
inoffensiveness, etc.

Louis