incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel del Valle <m...@outlook.com>
Subject AOO UX - Getting involved
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2012 00:24:21 GMT
Hi!

My name is Manuel del Valle. I'm from Argentina, and I'm a OO user/enthusiast.
Most certainly, I'm not a C++ guru (not really sure I know what that means, now that I think
about it), not even a C++ newbie, nor a rock Star. (:wink:)

Somehow I managed to participate in Google Moderator brainstorming session (don't actually
remember how I got there, though) about AOO 4.0 improvements and new features. Kevin Grignon
answered some of the "Graphical interface" proposals encouraging us to join the UX team, and
that's exactly what I'm trying to do: I read AOO UX wiki, and, in order to get involved, I
subscribed to this mailing list and signed up in AOO's Confluence Wiki.

I would like to get in touch with some of the UX people, in order to try to learn and participate,
but don't really know how to. Is this mailing list the right place? Obviously, I'm not going
to be able to code anything, so the developers list seems pretty far away from my possibilities,
but I was hoping that I cuold be "useful" in some other way. Perhaps, sharing the point of
view of a regular, non-techie user as regards AOO usability.

Sorry if my English is not polite enough, or quite "rough", I'm not a native speaker.
That's all by now, I wait for some guidance on how to get involved.

Thanks,

Manuel