incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Policy question: How to link to books about OpenOffice?
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 12:00:09 GMT
On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 10:48 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts <luispo@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12-10-08, at 17:24 , Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Rob Weir wrote:
>>> I'm hesitant to just list every book that is published. ...
>>> List them only when requested (like we do with consultants)?
>>
>> This is probably the best option.
>>
>>> List them but screen out ones that we consider to be
>>> "low value", e.g., an identical reprint of a free eBook?
>>
>> We have lazy consensus in place for consultants and the same would apply here: if
someone believes that a submitted entry is problematic, or that another book should be listed
instead of the submitted one, he can just speak up.

>> Regards,
>>  Andrea.
>
> What I did before was what can be done better now, to have the author or his/her agent
either request listing or list it, and to permit this only within the stipulated constraints
of relevance, inoffensiveness, etc.

I've added a paragraph to the top telling authors and publishers how
they can send titles for possible inclusion:

http://www.openoffice.org/support/books.html

Still needs some work to de-uglify the page, but that is a task for another day.

-Rob