incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice Developer Room (devroom) at FOSDEM
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 22:24:27 GMT
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
> On 09/10/2012 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>
>> And indeed this happened today: FOSDEM organizers, who received an
>> application from Apache OpenOffice and one from LibreOffice, asked
>> whether we can share a devroom. Of course this was already in our
>> proposal, so I said it would be OK for us.
>

> I was allowed to repost in public the complete text of their request. Here
> it is. No action needed, I already confirmed we would be available.
>   ---

OK.  So we've said that we're happy to share a devroom.  This is good.
 Are we still waiting to hear from LO?

If we do share, what does that mean?  We develop a joint-program of
presentations?   This isn't as bad as it sounds.  Since Fosdem is more
developer-oriented we might not to deal with marketing or similar
presentations that would be interesting to only one project.  Instead
we could focus on technical topics, and many of these would be
interesting to both projects.

Would it be worth asking Calligra, Gnumeric and Abi as well?  Or would
they be focused on KDE/GNOME devrooms?

-Rob