incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OOoCon videos/material
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 12:55:08 GMT
On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile
<arielch@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 07:53:18AM -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
>> Can we get these all on Youtube?   What special status does one need
>> to do more than a short 5 minute video on Youtube?
>
> http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=71673

Cool.  That is good to know.

Ideally we would go through Youtube's non-profit program, which has
additional benefits:  http://www.youtube.com/nonprofits

It looks like the legal entity (the ASF) must apply, but once that is
done we might have a separate account for the AOO project per this:

"We only allow one membership per organization. However, branches of
umbrella organizations that share Employee Identification Numbers
(EINs) with their parent organizations are eligible for individual
memberships. Branches must indicate that they are applying as a
"related organization" during the application process and go through
additional screening."

See lower right on this page:  http://www.google.com/nonprofits/join/

Would it be worth doing this?  If so, what part of Apache would need
to be involved?  Community development?  Communications?

-Rob