incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Companies supporting Free Software Projects
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 15:33:12 GMT
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Marc Rabell GabarrĂ³ <marcrabell@uoc.edu> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> My name is Marc Rabell and I'm a student from the Open Univeristy of Catalonia in Spain.
>
> In our project we are analyzing the companies which are behind the most important Free
Software projects for the Windows platform, according to an internal students poll, and OpenOffice
has been voted the second after Firefox.

> I have created a perl script to get information about the affiliation of the commits.
We used Google, LinkedIn and other online sources to try to get the correct information about
the commiters affiliation but it hasn't been a easy task and I am sure the information is
not very accurate. Can please someone with knowledge take a look at the script and correct
the wrong information?

We don't have this information in any central place.  And with a
project as old as OpenOffice, the affiliation of developers may change
over time.  But if you can post a link to your script this will give
the developers on the list an opportunity to suggest corrections.

-Rob