incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Extensions Directory and New API mailing list
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:50:49 GMT
Hello Roberto,

Hopefully you saw the announcement of the new ooo-api mailing list.
The focus for this would be application developers working with
OpenOffice.  I imagine it should be a useful list for any extension
author to join.

Is there any way we can promote this at the Extensions Repository?

I see that you already have a link to the Extensions wiki at the top
of http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/.   I've updated that
wiki page to point to the new mailing list.

One additional thing that would help is if you could send an
invitation to the authors of the extensions already in the repository.
For example, a variation on the note I sent to the mailing list:

"Extension Authors, you are invited to join the Apache OpenOffice API
mailing list

There is a new mailing list in the Apache OpenOffice project ---
ooo-api@incubator.apache.org.   The focus of this list is for
discussions related to OpenOffice macros, scripting and extensions.
All topics related to application development with OpenOffice are
welcome, including questions, suggestions for app-dev features in
future releases, or even to tell us about your latest great extension.

To join the list you should send an email to:
ooo-api-subscribe@incubator.apache.org and then respond to the
confirmation email you will receive.

I hope to see you there soon!

Regards,

XXX"

Finally, for new extension author registrations, it might be good to
add a reference to this mailing list to the confirmation email that is
sent out to new site registrations.

Thanks!

-Rob