incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Graduation timeline: A reminder for project members, press and list observers
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2012 18:09:57 GMT
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> Also, there are some administrative steps that we'll need to take care
>> of over the weekend, assuming the IPMC vote passes:
>> 1) Sending a [VOTE][RESULTS] post to the IPMC list
>> 2) Sending the proposed resolution to the board list per these
>> instructions:
>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#top-level-board-proposal
>> This probably needs to happen on Saturday, shortly after the 72-hour
>> PMC vote ends, if we are to get on the Board's agenda for Wednesday.
>> I'm assuming Andrea will take care of this, or delegate to someone
>

> Exactly. Actually, both tasks are rather trivial, it will just need precise
> timing as others explained. But it won't be a problem for me to take care of
> it in about 24 hours.
>
> As a minor update, the only observation we received so far (besides a
> substantial number of +1 votes, no abstentions or -1) was that almost all
> the proposed PMC members do not belong to other Apache projects; our mentors
> were asked if they perceived this as a problem, and we didn't get an answer
> from them so far.

Hmmm.... I think there are several PMC members who are involved with
other areas of Apache:

1) Don is involved with ConCom, as well as working with Sally on Press
and Communications.

2) Others, like Oliver, Louis, etc., have been active in the ApacheCon planning.

3) Andrew,  Juergen and Raphael have worked closely with Infra on many
things.  There may be others.

4) In general I think we're comfortable working with Trademarks and
Legal Affairs on an ongoing basis.  This includes raising questions
and getting advice, but some, like Dennis, are active sharing what
they have learned as well.

5) Dave is involved with POI.  Don and Juergen are also on the PMC of
the ODF Toolkit.  I think Pedro said he was getting involved with a
new BeanShell project proposal.

6) There was the work moving the SPI funds to Apache that involved
coordinating with ASF Treasurer.

So  I do not know whether it is accurate to say that no one but Dave
is "active in more than just the OO project".

-Rob