incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]: next step towards graduation
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 16:14:28 GMT
On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Juergen -- see below
>

> On 10/08/2012 04:45 AM, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> we made good progress towards graduation and I would like to discuss the
>> next steps.
>>
>> - we have selected the initial PMC roster
>> - we have selected a PMC chair (vote finished, result summary out
>> standing but we have a clear vote for Andrea Pescetti)
>> - graduation resolution already updated with PMC roster and preliminary
>> with the PMC chair
>>
>> Next steps to reach potentially the October board meeting:
>> - start IPMC vote, who will trigger this? Should it or have it be
>> triggered by the new PMC chair?
>

> This is what the excerpt from
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#process
> says...
>

> "The Recommendation Vote
>
> The resolution should be proposed on the general incubator list before a
> VOTE is started to allow feedback. Once a consensus has been reached, a VOTE
> should be started on the same general incubator list by a member of the PPMC
> proposing that the IPMC recommends the resolution to the Board."
>
> my take on this is that anyone on the AOO PPMC can forward the existing
> resolution to general@incubator with some appropriate subject. You might
> want to send a link to this thread as well...
>
> http://markmail.org/message/utklcwlfwl5wp5sx
>
> although I imagine mentors would be "officially" canvassed.
>
> A few other loose ends perhaps...
>
> on our incubator site page,
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openofficeorg.html
>
>  in the "Verify distribution rights" section.
> Have we verified these? (this goes to Dennis comments as well I think)

Those two sections are filled in, with the 2012-05-02 dates.  So that
is done.  It was accomplished before we released AOO 3.4.0.

> Finally, I don't know who has modification rights to this page, but there is
> no link to our June and Sept reports. It might be nice if someone did this.

All committers should have rights to edit that page.  It can be done
via the CMS web interface.

But I just did a quick update in this case to add links to those two
status reports.

-Rob