incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]: next step towards graduation
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 16:06:40 GMT
On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
> The proposed PMC chair is not an officer of the PPMC.  The PPMC has no chair.
>
> I suppose the updated graduation resolution would need to be balloted here.  Then the
IPMC can vote on it on their list for graduation.

> Also, all of the things that a PPMC is supposed to have been done need to be checked
off somewhere - on the podling status page, I expect.

> Meanwhile ...
>

> Different question.
>
> I nose around in the Symphony code from time to time and I notice there is no reflection
of the grant and availability under ALv2 has occurred.

We were notified that the grant was received.

> Is it expected that something be done about that?  There are files that are
>
>   - still under Sun LGPL license,
>   - some that add an IBM License and copyright under private license
>   - some that claim an IBM Copyright and provide no license whatsoever,
>     although there is a notice concerning government use

Yes, this needs to be cleaned up before any of this is part of a
release.  But it is not a graduation issue.  Remember, an SGA may come
from anywhere, at any time, before graduation or after graduation.
This is blessing, not a problem.  But the code does need to be
reviewed and brought in line with policy before it can be part of a
release.

-Rob