incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: discussion on new l10n workflow
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 20:53:41 GMT
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@oooes.org> wrote:
> On 10/16/12, jan iversen <jancasacondor@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry for asking but what is ML discussions ?
>
> Mailing list archives. This emails are publicly available on the web.
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-l10n/
>

>> I will happely update information, but I would prefer to delay it until we
>> have decided which way to go, once that is decided I will make a wiki page
>> with the new workflow.
>
> MM this is why wikis are for, anything you put at this time, is mrore
> updated than whatever is already there (most info is from 2009). So
> the next agreement round will need to update the info over yours, as
> opposed of over people from 2009.

I think it is fine to review the PDF.  It is a compact, succinct,
self-contained description of the process.  It makes it easy to
review.

After we agree on what the process is we can figure out where to put it.

The problem we have is that the wiki currently has an elaborate
process that was supported by Sun employees that are no longer here
and servers and permission sets that no longer apply to us.    So that
process is not necessarily the same as we'll have going forward.

But I certainly agree that we need to do something to the wiki.  On
the other hand it could be a good opportunity to simplify.

-Rob

-Rob