incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems sign in consultants directory
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2012 15:47:51 GMT
On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Jörg Schmidt <joesch@j-m-schmidt.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> This is covered in the instructions here:
>>
>> "If you are not familiar with XML, please submit the equivalent
>> information in a post to the ooo-dev list and we can help you format
>> it for submission. But your listing will appear faster if it is
>> submitted in the proper form."
>>
>> Reference:
>> http://www.openoffice.org/bizdev/consultant-submission.html
>
> Yes, but ...
>
> i think this reference is perhaps not the totally appropriate assistance. Please consider
two things:

> - not all speak english well and want to post on mailing-lists

I understand.  We can add translations of that page if you think it would help.

But the mailing list post is required as part of the process.  A
listing in the consultants directory is not a right.  It is not
guaranteed.  It requires review by the PMC, and the PMC does its work
openly on the ooo-dev list.  The submittor does not need to subscribe
to ooo-dev, but they do need to submit there listing here.  So even if
we find ways to automate this, we would want to ensure that any
automation sends a copy of the submission to ooo-dev.

-Rob

> - in our invitation we actually ask others to help us (yes, I think offer services for
AOO is help for us) - not vice versa.