incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: discussion on new l10n workflow
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 12:22:32 GMT
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 12:22 PM, jan iversen <jancasacondor@gmail.com> wrote:
> Finally I have finished describing the current process, and also combining
> all the notes on open issues I could find.
>
> Please have a look at:
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/File:L10proc.pdf
>
> and
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Localization_AOO
>
> I hope we can have a discussion on the "open issues", and then I will make
> a design document for a changed workflow.
>
> I look forward to hear your opinion, either through wiki or mail. These
> comments will be worked into the document.

You mention the lack of a glossary as an issue, since without one it
is hard to be consistent in terminology.  This is true even in
English, with multiple developers.

I don't know if you saw this file, but this claims to be a glossary
for OpenOffice UI terms:

http://l10n.openoffice.org/localization/OpenOffice.org_en-US_Glossary.csv

Is this useful at all?

-Rob