incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: propose a new developer snapshot based on revision 1400796
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 14:38:47 GMT
On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/22/12 3:06 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 01:57:31PM +0200, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> we still have problems with our public build bots, a problem that we
>>> should address immediately. Nevertheless would I like to propose that we
>>> start a developer snapshot build based on revision 1400796.
>>>
>>> I am currently build MacOS and Windows and I hope that the revision will
>>> build on both platform without error. And that it will build on Linux as
>>> well.
>>>
>>> I added 5 further languages (gd da pl ko nb) to make them available for
>>> our new volunteers to review and check the result of their translations
>>> or to simply review what's already there.
>>>
>>> In case of an error we have to adapt the revision accordingly.
>>>
>>> @Ariel, are you able to build the Linux version?
>>
>> Yes, I can.
>> Did you plan real Developer Snapshots with no system integration?
>> did you plan only en-US full install sets + language packs?
>
> sorry for being not detailed enough. I plan dev snapshot without system
> integration for now.
>
> I can live the en-US full install sets  + language packs. But I am open
> here and I would provide what helps our volunteers doing testing and
> translation best.
>
> What do you think?

What is the issue with snapshots that have system integration?   Do we
never have bugs with system integration?  Shouldn't we encourage
testing with something that is as close as possible to what we will
release?

Ditto with fill translations:  We are currently discussing some major
changes to the translation workflow.  Are there possible bugs that
could be introduced and not detected if we did only language packs?

-Rob