incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Did we ever reach consensus on support for Windows 2000
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 11:32:27 GMT
A response to this thread in general.

Why has no action been taken on this yet?

I'm not trying to blame or accuse anyone, but I would like to figure
out why nothing has happened here yet.  This is one example of several
where issues seem to be discussed at length, but nothing ever happens.

1) Does someone want to fix this but does not feel empowered to do so?
 For example, is someone uncertain whether there is consensus, or is
concerned that if they do act that someone won't like it?

2) Does someone want to fix this but does not know how to do this from
a technical perspective, i.e., how to use the Apache CMS?

3) Does someone want to fix this but does not think that they have
sufficient permissions to do this?

If someone wants to fix the website, but feels blocked by one of the
above, please speak up, either on the list, or privately.  IMHO none
of the above should be an issue.  We have techniques like "lazy
consensus" that can be used to see whether there is objection to a
given way forward.  And the Apache CMS is open for everyone to use,
whether or not you are a committer.

Regards,

-Rob