incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems sign in consultants directory
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2012 15:26:09 GMT
On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@oooes.org> wrote:
> Please write an example on the page, not just throw the XML file doing
> something as simple as
> <consultant>
> <company>Your company</company>
> <address>foo street at disneyland</address>
> <website>http://www.yourcompany.com</website>
> </consultant>

There is an entire file of real examples linked to from that page:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/bizdev/consultants/consultants.xml

> Would go a long way, the instructions look a bit too technical for
> regular users. Even if we assume this are technical people, we should
> think this is being applied by the marketing intern used to facebook.
>
> I would even suggest doing an XForm to generate this XML and spew it
> on a texboard with a copy-paste this on your email.

Patches are welcome.

> Specially consider the speciality would be all over the place as a freeform XML.

In the current form it is restricted to enumerated values.  This list
can expand on request, but I'd like to not have it be freeform so it
can be used as a categorization field.  The <description> field is the
freeform field, where they can put anything relevant.