incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Which See Gull is Our Logo?
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 19:05:43 GMT
On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile
<arielch@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 09:21:39AM -0700, Andrew Rist wrote:
>> >The original icon is from Stella Schulze, as seen in
>> >http://www.openoffice.org/ui/VisualDesign/OOo3_refresh.html
>> >http://www.openoffice.org/ui/VisualDesign/OOo_ui.html
>> >http://www.openoffice.org/ui/VisualDesign/OOo_brand.html
>> >etc.
>> >Unfortunately, in the software grant there are only raster images.
>> The intent was definitely to get the full set of Oracle owned
>> resources to Apache.  If we can find the original images, with the
>> full editable vector format, I'm happy to check them in to svn
>> somewhere.
>
> I have no idea where those could be; I guess that only Stella knows, may
> be someone from the old Hamburg team can contact her, and ask.

We went around in circles on this back when we revised the gull logo
for the website, last May.  All we could find was a high-res raster
image.  No vector version.  So that's what was used when Michael
Acevedo designed the logo that we're currently using on the website.
At that time there was talk of reverse-engineering an SVG from the
bitmap, but the consensus at the time was to defer that since we knew
we'd be updating the design of the logo for AOO 4.0.

Btw, one location for AOO logos, what I tried to encourage as the
central location, is here:

http://www.openoffice.org/images/AOO_logos/

-Rob