incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice SVG vector graphics
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2012 22:10:44 GMT
On 6 October 2012 22:23, Alexandro Colorado <jza@oooes.org> wrote:

> On 10/6/12, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
> > I think the OP is asking about printed forms, as on a bumper sticker.
>  Since
> > they are presumably enlarged, the provision of trademark information in
> > small but readable type at/around the margin would probably work.
>
> Well this would be confusing in itself, doesnt it already has a printed TM?

One thing that immediately springs to mind is that Inkscape is getting used
for these drawings in preference to AOO Draw because it supports svg.  If
we are serious about a drawing component to AOO and to open standards we
must have a strategy to fully support svg. This has been an on-going issue
since the start of OOo but it is getting more and more urgent as time goes
on. Armin has done some great work, no doubt about it but we really need to
take it further. I only wish I had the know how.

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940

Wales.