incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Marketing events
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 09:30:44 GMT
On 10 October 2012 01:54, Albino B Neto <bino28@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm from Brazil and there various events: FISL, LatinoWare, Revista
> Espirito Livre and others spread throughout BR.
>
> You could have a fund for member "official" AOO, so you can attend the
> AOO speaking, lecturing, talking etc.. But this must be carefully
> discussed.
>
> This member can attend these events that have availability and time
> available. It'll be like us, being voluntary, but that talk of AOO
> events.

Hi Albino,

The main issue is where does the money come from to fund this? How can fund
raising be coordinated and if funds are raised where are they stored and
then how are they distributed? If ASF has no scope for targeted funding on
projects within it, any such fund raising has to take place outside. If we
created a NFP called Friends of AOO we then have potential issues with the
trademarks, conflicts of interest etc. Not necessarily problems we can't
resolve but it needs some careful initial thought so that we get started
(if indeed we do) in a sustainable way that will maximise benefit to the
project.

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940