incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Seeking OpenOffice consultants -- help us validate our new consultants listings
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 20:32:37 GMT
On 1 October 2012 20:25, Albino B Neto <bino28@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> > These three are closely-related and it will probably require an
> > iterative approach to get these right.  So it would be of great help
> > to me if a few (3-4) consultants on the ooo-dev list would be willing
> > to work with me to get their listings added now.  This may require
> > some back-and-forth as we adjust the schema or uncover additional
> > policy nuances.  But better to find this out early.
>
> +1. Me (Portuguese - Brazil).
>
> > practice == one or more areas of practice.  I'd like to use this for
> > categorization, so it will be a fixed list of options.  Currently I'm
> > proposing: Deployment, Migration, Extensions,  Training,
> > Customization. Other.    Are there any other areas we should mention
> > specifically?
>
> No.
>
> > Are these fields reasonable?  Any others we should have?
>
> No.
>
> > And again, getting some real, specific, non-fake data added will help
> > validate the design.

Here is some real data.

<consultant>
        <name>The Learning Machine, Ltd</name>
            <country>Global</country>
            <practice>Certification</practice>
            <practice>User Skills</practice>
        <description>The Learning Machine, Ltd provides certification of IT
user skills in the context of Apache Open Office, accredited by the UK
national Regulators and referenced to the European Qualifications
Framework. We work through organisations such as schools, colleges and
adult education providers.</description>
        <website>https://theingots.org/community/CertOOo</website>
        <email>ian.lynch@theingots.org</email>
        <phone>+44 (0) 1827305940</phone>
    </consultant>

name == name of your entity, could be your personal name or name of your
company

country == one or more ISO country codes that you do business in.  If
you do business everywhere you can say "Global"

practice == one or more areas of practice.  I'd like to use this for
categorization, so it will be a fixed list of options.  Currently I'm
proposing: Deployment, Migration, Extensions,  Training,
Customization. Other.    Are there any other areas we should mention
specifically?

I'm saying certification rather than training because others provide the
training we simply provide certification of the outcomes of the training
for users rather than developers.

description == plain text, no HTML, description, limit of 300
characters.  It should be factual, not an advertisement.

website == URL of your website

email (optional) == contact email address

phone number (optional) == contact phone number

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940

Wales.