incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shenfeng Liu <liush...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Asia Roadshow 2012 - Dec 13th Beijing
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 15:25:29 GMT
Peter,
  Please see my comments below:

2012/10/29 Peter Junge <peter.junge@gmx.org>

> Hi Simon,
>

> On 10/26/2012 9:48 PM, Shenfeng Liu wrote:
>
>> Don & Peter,
>>    I think it is a very good opportunity to promote Apache OpenOffice in
>> China marketing through Apache Asia Roadshow 2012. And from another side,
>> the wide influence of OpenOffice can also help to promote Apache.
>>    I'd like to work with Peter together on it. The target can be not only
>> attract individual volunteers to participate the community, but also
>> demonstrate the business opportunities and attract local business
>> partners.
>>    While first of all, I'd like to know more details about this event.
>> Perhaps Jimmy is the right contact?

  Agree with you!
  Per check with Jimmy, we need to give a outline draft now.

>  indeed, let's put together such a session for the Roadshow. A possible
> brief outline would be:
> - Introduction to and history of OpenOffice

+1, history and latest status. - I think you are the best one in Beijing to
present this topic. So I wonder if you can prepare for an outline?

> - What's happening around AOO in Beijing respectively China. Engineers of
> IBM and of CS2C could share what they are working on.

+1 again. The UOF contribution, fidelity improvement, quality improvement
efforts... I can check with Ji Yan, WeiKe or Liu Tao to see if we can work
together on it.

> - How businesses and users can benefit from AOO, ways to join the AOO
> community.

I think firstly CS2C can share their experience on building the business on
AOO.
Secondly, since the theme of this Roadshow is cloud, we can share the topic
of Social Integration with AOO. I will work with Da Li to prepare for the
outline.

> How much time we can spend on the parts would depend on how much time we
> would get in total.

I'm still checking with Jimmy for how much time can we get. But basically I
think we can start and propose the topics above.

Any suggestion?

- Shenfeng Liu (Simon)