incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shenfeng Liu <liush...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help us brainstorm ideas for Apache OpenOffice 4.0
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 15:03:22 GMT
Hi, all,
  I went through top 180 ideas, and here is my summary till now:

1. OOXML has 12 ideas, and totally 989 + votes
2. Modern UI has 11 ideas, and totally 347 + votes
4. MS binary format support has 4 ideas and 269 + votes
5. Toolbar/sidebar related ideas are 8, and 257 + votes
6. 2 ideas ask for patch/update, and got 253 + votes
7. Preference setting related ideas are 8 and 244 + votes
8. Copy/paste related ideas are 4 and 207 + votes
9. Install improvement related ideas are 4 and got 176 + votes
10. Mobile support ideas are 4 and got 171 + votes

About 40 ideas are requiring new features, and got >1300 + votes
17 ideas are to improve user experience for various operations, and got
>400 + votes
9 ideas are about social integration, and got 383 votes
13 asking for the enhancement of existing functions, and got 377 + votes

  It is difficult to categorize the ideas and count. I wonder if Kevin can
define some criteria and we can pick up different areas to build up the
report.

- Simon