incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Policy question: How to link to books about OpenOffice?
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 16:01:53 GMT
Amazon can be considered a publisher.  They have a mechanism for
publishing one's own ebook.

If you're going to allow authors to make their own entries a la
consultants, they should probably be allowed to submit whatever link
they'd prefer.  That might be an Amazon or B&N link, as the author
might not otherwise have his own page.

Different but related question: ASF would not want to certify,
recommend or otherwise vet consultants because (among other things)
they're changing entities, and may unexpectedly defraud, default or
retire.  Books, on the other hand, are fairly static.  Should there be
a list of AOO-vetted books, which have been reviewed and proven to be
reasonably helpful and accurate?

Don