incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Guy Waterval <>
Subject Re: Seeking OpenOffice consultants -- help us validate our new consultants listings
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 16:59:29 GMT
Hi all,

2012/10/3 Ian Lynch <>

> The one issue that arises here is that the term certification could mean
> certificated to be an authorised developer, trainer or consultant as well
> as certificated as a competent user of say Writer. This certainly seems to
> have caused confusion in the past and across at LibreO. However, unless AOO
> provides some sort of certification of companies authorised to act under
> its Logo (which seems counter to ASF policy) I doubt certification of
> companies will be relevant whereas qualifications for individuals are
> traditionally delivered by third parties so that is more likely to be the
> take up.

I'm not sure to have good understood all this discussion, but these
questions of certification could have some importance for companies.
By my former employer, we had a quality system (GLP) and all our studies
had to be made following the rules of this quality sytem to can be
internationally recognized. For instance, we had to validate all the
spreasheeds used to calculate the results of our studies and our
developments. This long administrativ process had to be registered and
 repeated if we changed the version of the soft for a new one. Moreover,
all the technicians involved in the studies had to prove they have been
trained with the soft. So, the certification of trainings is a question
that we can't perhaps ignore in the future. It has perhaps not the same
importance for the end users but it's another question for companies which
have to prove that their employees have been teached to fit  the
requirements of their quality system.
Only my opinion and my apologizes for the noise if I haven't completely
understood the sense of this thread.