incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Which See Gull is Our Logo?
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 03:31:53 GMT
On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 10:24 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile
<arielch@apache.org>wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 08:52:52AM +0800, imacat wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> >     I was working on some simple art work.  I found two versions of see
> > gulls:
> >

> https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/528985_356794727712744_1341584190_n.jpg
> >

> https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/550857_428731650519051_1233679500_n.png
> >
> >     You can see there is a difference in color, in the area of the
> > light, in the position of the see gull and in the shadow of the blue
> > ball.  The former one seem to came from
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27834483/aoo.svg
> >
> >     And the latter one came from
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27834483/AOOIL.svg
> >
> >     On this page
> >
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/c7ioAQ
> >
> >     Both these files are dated almost the same.  So, which one is our
> > logo now?
>
> The original icon is from Stella Schulze, as seen in
> http://www.openoffice.org/ui/VisualDesign/OOo3_refresh.html
> http://www.openoffice.org/ui/VisualDesign/OOo_ui.html
> http://www.openoffice.org/ui/VisualDesign/OOo_brand.html
> etc.
> Unfortunately, in the software grant there are only raster images.

The only somewhat salvable documentation about these logos are the ones
from the palette which mark a solid
#0385CD or RGB: 14 13 205
Listed on the wiki:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Branding_Initiative/branding_guidelines_draft#Brand_Colors

I couldn't find any guidelines for the symbol.

PD: It marks not possible background colors the ones we use on the site
headers, oops! :)

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice