incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Need new logo for openoffice.apache.org
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 00:52:52 GMT
On 10/22/12, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/22/2012 03:42 PM, RGB ES wrote:

>>> svg should be:
>>>
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/**images/AOO_logos/svg/OOo_**Website_v2_copy.svg<http://www.openoffice.org/images/AOO_logos/svg/OOo_Website_v2_copy.svg>
>>>

>> AFAIK, that svg is just a "container" for the raster image: it do not
>> contain a vector image.
>>
>> Regards
>> Ricardo
>
> hmmm...well, OK. I think I remember something like this now. Should we
> use Alexandro's new one at:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27834483/ApacheOpenOfficeTM.svg

AFAIK there was no resolution on the fonts, the discussion ended on
asking Michael Acevedo, but he never replied.

However since we are discussing this changes, it would be a good idea
to jump to an open font type, like Nimbus or Liberation and have a
deadline to reach a conclusion.

>From other discussions about the icons, there is a bit of a push back
on accepting "Oracle's impositions" like the Orb and the Galaxy
themes. Rob's idea is that we actually have a more Visual Design
documentation that take advantage of the design elements we currently
have, and maybe generate new ones.

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice