incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Apache OO General Questions
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 21:05:33 GMT
On 10/18/12, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
> On 14/10/2012 Eike Rathke wrote:
>> On Saturday, 2012-10-13 18:07:24 -0700, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>>> This said, the latest versions of LO introduce bugs that I can't
>>> reproduce on AOO. AOO is very stable and we want to keep it that way.
>> Thanks. The latest version of AOO also still didn't fix bugs that are
>> fixed since long in LO and did not implement the features that LO has.
>>
>> What I want to say is that we're getting nowhere with pointing fingers.
>
> Then what I'd like to say, speaking from my personal point of view of
> course, is that we could make millions of users happier by sharing
> bugfixes (not necessarily features).

I think people will be happy if we share features as well. That said,
I think there is a point on how many resources each project has.
Looking at LibO conference, there are many things being talked about
on Writer, Base and Calc that could be implemetned or fixed.

Recently i reported a 7yr old bug on memory management, i am sure LibO
also inherit that bug and they haven't fix it mainly because of the
low level technical knowledge to devote to the performance project.

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice