incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Another logo needs updating: "Get it here!"
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2012 21:39:02 GMT
On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 3:40 PM, jan iversen <jancasacondor@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > If we want to have the same logo all over, respin I assume would not do
> the
> > job ?
> >

> Sorry for the slang.   By "respin" I meant taking whatever vector
> source file (SVG, perhaps) that Drew used for that button originally,
> and then remove the "incubator" block and regenerate a bitmap for us
> to put on the website.

Should wait for drew to answer this. I bet he has the source of everything.
Weekends are not always the best time to count on quick replies.

> It was intentional, at least at the time, for the "Get it here!"
> graphic to be distinct from the official project logo.  This was to
> avoid diluting the trademark.  We wanted the official project logo to
> be associated with the official website.  So if users saw it they knew
> they were dealing with an official project site.   We would then have
> thematically-related logos that could be used for various affiliate
> uses, such as on personal websites.  That was the purpose of the "Get
> it here!" logo.

Was tehre any documentation about this? For example the Visual Design page
on marketing did show the diferent themed logos Xmass, OOoCon, Download,
etc. Maybe on cwiki?

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice