incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Why a mailing list is superior to any web-based "forum"
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2012 20:22:46 GMT
On 10/21/12, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> FWIW this is the only Apache project where
> forums are supported, and if a good case
> can be made as to why some mailing list
> traffic would be better served on the forums,
> go for it.  It's just that mailing lists
> are where we expect project decisions to
> be made because we have standard ways of
> providing those archived messages to members,
> who would expect similar things from forum
> decision-making processes.

That said I would have expected a better mailing list interface, the
current one lacks even a search bar, let alone some advanced search.
OOo used to have also a pretty basic way of searching through the
mailing list but eve that, was more helpful.

Are these mailing list archieved externally by nabble/gmane or something else?

FYI LibO also expend many mosquitoes lifecycle on this topic. They do
provide a forumesque interface for mailing list.
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/
and
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/nabble-mailing-list-interface/

Nabble website: