incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice SVG vector graphics
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2012 17:05:29 GMT
On 10/7/12, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
> Alexandro Colorado wrote:
>> On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Alexandro Colorado  wrote:
>>> Here is the Liberation font with some Condensed Bitstream on the Os.
>>> http://imagebin.org/231157
>>> please comment.
>> Here is the proper but with using Nimbus:
>> http://imagebin.org/231160
>
> It's nice to see all these variants but remember that the current effort
> is about obtaining an exact SVG version of
> http://www.openoffice.org/images/AOO_logos/AOO-logo-hires.jpg
> (which is our official logo and uses, apparently, Verdana).

Actually I tried to use verdana but it seems is not to be as straight
forward. Both Verdana and Verdana Bold don't quite adjust to the
original logo. It seems the logo uses a SemiBold typeface.

Here is the Regular Verdana on the logo:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27834483/ApacheOpenOfficeTM.svg

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice