incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Change of 'soffice' name
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 14:53:51 GMT
On 10/5/12, Fernando Cassia <fcassia@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile
> <arielch@apache.org>wrote:
>
>> I've been told that a similar problem happens on Debian, and on ubuntu,
>> with the desktop-integration package
>>

> I have installed the latest greatest Debian 6.06 (released this week afaik)
> and I was surprised to find out it includes OpenOffice ".org" 3.2.1
> (OOO320M19), but in the usual Debian-way, stripped of the OO.o branding.

OpenOffice.org 3.2.1 was from Oracle up to 3.3, the apache release was
3.4.0 and 3.4.1. Try opening the About OpenOffice.org on the help menu
to see if the Oracle logo still there.

Debian did had an announcement in favor of libo June 2011.
http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20110623

Google threw an unofficial Apache OO build on sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/apacheoo-deb/files/debian/

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice