incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From zhun guo <mike5...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ask for advice:cloud office interoperability
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 11:03:52 GMT
Hi,Zhengfan and Ian Lynch,
    All format office documents' interoperability is important.
1. ODF and OOXML, is more concerned about data storage. Microsoft, and
OpenOffice is the supporter。But we need ODF and OOXML to be  merged to a
new one format. And some wroking are doing 。Otherwise, we should face the
question,just like  Ian Lynch's problem.
2. HTML, is more concerned about data revealing。 Google Docs,IBM
Docs,Microsoft Office 365,Zoho,Think Free,Adobe Acobat, Cisco WebEx ,all
these cloud office documents select the same format.  Maybe it is a new way
for office documents interoperability. As Rob Weir ,OASIS OpenDocument TC
chairman,says"
I find the topic of web editor interoperability very interesting.  It
is, in many ways, the continuation of the "office interop" battles we
have fought for the last decade.  But the new technology brings new
challenges and new opportunities, and perhaps even an opportunity to
avoid repeating the mistakes of the past!
  "
   ODF? OOXML?PDF?HTML?...I think it is better to choose one format for
documents interoperability,than choose two or three! It is important ,just
like ASCII which is the basic for  Information Interchange.
   Do you agree?

ZhunGuo