incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Zhe Liu <aliu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Buildbot has no archive build for Windows?
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 08:10:34 GMT
2012/10/9 J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@gmail.com>:
> On 10/9/12 9:17 AM, Zhe Liu wrote:
>> No. I didn't use any my own buildbot for testing. I just wrote scripts
>> to automatically download the latest build from apache
>> buildbot(http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/) to my
>> testing machine. Then perform the testing on my local machines.
>> Currently the tests  include only build verification test cases, pls
>> refer to http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/Report/BVT. In the past,
>> we put the test results in our wiki.  Now an web app is basically
>> available to view test result. It's still under construction.
>> http://people.apache.org/~liuzhe/testdashboard/#bvt
>> In future, I will add more tests into it.
>>

> Ideally we can include these tests in the build bots directly. A long
> term goal is to have build bots for the 4 major platforms (Windows, Mac,
> Linux 32 + 64 bit) where we can build with he same configuration that we
> use for our convenience binary releases. Having the tests integrated
> would help a lot and would help to improve our overall quality.

I think it's also a good way to use some testing dedicated machines
rather than buildbot slavers. We can cover more OSs. If we use
buildbot slavers, we only cover 4 OSs.
With tests become more and more, if we include all tests in buildbot,
the build period will become very long.
Of course, it's more convenient to perform tests with buildbot. I
think we can includes part of tests. e.g. build verification test.
Are these buildbot slavers enabled graphics interface? Some tests need
access to graphics interface.

> The more things we can automate the better it is and the tests become
> more complex over time. Means not only build verification tests but also
> other tests like functional verification tests etc.

Currently, we have about 300 automated test cases in our test project,
including GUI test, UNO API test, Functional test, Performance test.
We plan to execute them step by step.

--
Best Regards