incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Fan Zheng <zheng.easy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache and ODF
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 10:08:17 GMT
To Ian:

Yes, I agree with you that there shall be options for:
1. Fitful formatting way, for the READING; and
2. Uniform formatting way, for the REPRESENTATION;

Thus, the solution will lead:
A: The bad thing is that there shall be a series of formatting
specification definitions, for Kindle, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire II, iPad,
iPad Mini, IPod touch, IPhone BLA BLA BLA....
B: The good thing is, such refining job indicating various device
platforms, could be finished inside the AOO existing framework and
formatting process, only with the external works on supplying above
definitions.

========================

To Rory:
In my point, now, we may need not to specify the exact target we are aimed
at. For although the detailed specification of every type of popular
devices we faced are different, the problems need to be clarified and
solved are commonly the same type of issue, is that "Adaptability and
Fidelity, which is bigger". Definitely, it is an UX issue, which should let
KG to be involved in; But, a given solution for the issue should be
workable for all the devices (of cause maybe including annoy duplicated
works, but should sharing the same working path and steps), whatever the
decision will be.

Ah, yes, maybe we let the new comers confused in some degree. So should we
keep on going within a new thread? Or renaming the current one?

Thanks.

ZhengFan.