incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Graduation timeline: A reminder for project members, press and list observers
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2012 15:50:06 GMT
Sent from my tablet
On Oct 13, 2012 11:00 PM, "Kay Schenk" <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:

?..

> It never occurred to me that any of them would have necessarily been
> interested.

The fact that it never occurred to anyone participating in the definition
of the PMC membership is, in my opinion, a major failing of process which
was designed to identify people with sufficient merit. I would have thought
all of your active mentors have earned sufficient merit and should have
been invited to join. Furthermore, at least on mentor indicated a desire to
serve on the PMC, so there was no need for it to "occur" to anyone, it was
explicit.

This is the first time I've seen a PPMC fail nominate its active mentors as
PMC members. There is a lesson in there for the community but it is no
longer my place to convey what I think that lesson is (since my last mail
was my last as a mentor)

Ross