incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From jan iversen <jancasacon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache OO General Questions
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 21:40:06 GMT
In my humble opinion it should be possible to have a shared code base,
shared bug fixing but separate features !!

When big companies like SAP, IBM and firmer SUN can do what, it should be
soo much easier for us, being all volunteers working with one goal, to make
quality software free of roalties being paid back to shareholders !!

I have worked a lot in these environments so comming back to earth, working
together is more often a question of people than of philosophies...so let
me put it like this:

Now we are a top level apache project, so let us (meaning the project
committee) be the ones who actively stretch out a hand and say "lets sit
down and have a pow-pow". Writing a lot of words does not reach that goal !

Please remember one thing, we are ALL on the same side fighting for a world
of royalty (share holder earnings) free software !! if you have to pick a
fight, down fight your brother in arms fight those who want your money.

have a nice night.
jan