incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From jan iversen <jancasacon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: discussion on new l10n workflow
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 13:36:15 GMT
Thanks

I did not see that file, that is what I want to make available for each
language and in .po (or .xliff) format so it can be used in the editors.

Talking about en-US I have a couple of questions (which you may have
discussed in the past)

1) there are no translation to US, meaning that they are stuck with the en
version (color = colour), is that design or just so happens ?
2) I am used to an en translation as well. Because developers are highly
motivated but not necessarily brilliant at end-user language)
   today reporting a message bug in EN leads to a code change, and in all
other languages (incl. e.g. en-xx) it is a language issue, that seems
overcomplicated.

When we change the workflow it would be easy to add en and us as translated
languages, and in first version they are simply copies of the source.

rgds
Jan I.