incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From jan iversen <jancasacon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 20:02:58 GMT
I can only agree with that statement.

I have been using openOffice for many years and developed for and with
apache tools, so I was pleased that apache got openOffice.

But having said that, I think some marketing is needed, some statements
like "we are here and now that we have settled in, we are back stronger
than before".

There have been lots of talk in general about the split and who would
survive, AOO should and will not only survive but be a strong platform for
future development.

Please dont forget there will always be different versions of openSource
and that is like it should be, the real big ones to compete against are the
two software houses who push their products by giving the first part freely
and then start charging.

janI.