incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][WWW] style and content changes to home page
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2012 15:58:50 GMT
On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 5:53 AM, Marcus (OOo) <> wrote:

> Am 10/10/2012 05:29 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
>> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:08 AM, Andrea Pescetti<>**
>> wrote:
>>  On 09/10/2012 Kay Schenk wrote:
>>>****test/ <**test/>
>>> It's nice indeed. I only see the "Valid XHTML" icon positioned a bit too
>>> high maybe... Is it wanted?
>>> <****pescetti/tmp/ooo-www-test.png<>
>>> >
>>> And, by the way, clicking on it reveals that there are a couple of markup
>>> fixes to apply, but I don't know if those are due to the CMS or to
>>> specific
>>> markup of the page.
>> hmmm...thanks for the feedback. Yes, the positioning can be changed and I
>> will look at the fixes it tags.
> I've changed the positioning of the W3C validator logo to show it left
> aligned. IMHO it's looking better than stuck to the rightmost. I hope you
> don't mind.
> Marcus

Well I kind of like it off to the right better, but this isn't a big issue
for me.

As for the validator element itself...I would be in favor of removing it
entirely. It's only on the home page so what's the point unless we want to
add it to the footer area, so it would display on ALL pages.  Ah! I just
saw Rob's response! I'm all for removing this little graphic entirely as

Yes, I too saw the "publisher" error, but decided to just leave it alone.

 dealt  with a cat."
                                                -- Robert Heinlein