incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice for Android
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 19:43:19 GMT
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Larry Gusaas <larry.gusaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2012-10-11 5:50 PM Fernando Cassia wrote:
>>
>> No, it would be better if consumers educated themselves and purchased
>> an AMD or Intel x86 based tablet (I favor AMD Fusion myself), where
>> you can install ANY OS you want, including standard x86 Linux (Fedora,
>> Ubuntu, etc), and run standard Apache OpenOffice, Firefox, and any
>> software you want.
>

> Can you install OS X on them?

AFAIK Apple´s EULA restrictions only allow running Mac OS X on Apple
branded hardware.

There´s ´hackintosh´ efforts to run Apple´s OS on non-Apple hardware
but that is not an officially supported config by Apple.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSx86

Don´t be afraid of Linux, Ubuntu is quite easy to use, as is Fedora 17
with its Gnome 3.x interface....

And being a x86 tablet you can even run Virtualbox or WINE to run any
proprietary/commercial Windows app you might need.

Just my $0.02
FC
- George Orwell