incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change of 'soffice' name
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 14:38:37 GMT
On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile
<arielch@apache.org>wrote:

> I've been told that a similar problem happens on Debian, and on ubuntu,
> with the desktop-integration package

I have installed the latest greatest Debian 6.06 (released this week afaik)
and I was surprised to find out it includes OpenOffice ".org" 3.2.1
(OOO320M19), but in the usual Debian-way, stripped of the OO.o branding.
(Remember, these are the folks who rename Firefox to "Iceweasel" and
SeaMonkey to "Iceape" :-P).

I wonder -since Debian still has not ditched OO.o to LO, if this wouldn´t
be an opportunity for them to package AOO in next versions...

Just thinking aloud..
FC
act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell