incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: discussion on new l10n workflow
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 20:08:21 GMT

On 12-10-24, at 16:03 , jan iversen <jancasacondor@gmail.com> wrote:

> Where can I read more about ApacheCon EU or NA ? I cannot quite follow you
> here (mainly due to terms), is this about getting sponsor money to AOO ?

http://www.apachecon.com/

No. That may be too late. It's about asking via the lists for your work to have a hearing
among those present and a discussion if they are willing and able to have that. The reason
for this: simply to get the work you are doing the investigation it merits.

> It should be easy to get somebody from EU and others, I could call on the
> NLC to help QA and general testing.

Yes; something like that to promote the workflow reappraisal. We at OOo went through this
numerous times but not enough, probably, and it was always layered with corporate expectations,
and these rubbed against community interests. (A good case being the RU localization of the
early 2000s.)

Best
Louis