incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheCon] BoF session on AOO community
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 21:29:41 GMT
Roberto,

On 12-10-31, at 15:14 , Roberto Galoppini <rgaloppini@geek.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 8:55 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 29/10/2012 Roberto Galoppini wrote:
>>>
>>> A more diverse and sustainable project. For example, until few years
>>> ago having OOo integrated or at least able to interoperate with SAP
>>> was a distinct dream, is there any chance we can have the right SAP
>>> people to attend the AOO BoF, and discuss about this?
>>

>> This would be quite interesting too. I don't have any contacts, but it would
>> be good to have SAP people there and, in general, devote a part of the
>> session to exploring how OpenOffice can interoperate with other solutions
>> (or what the OpenOffice community can do to allow others to be able to
>> integrate with OpenOffice more easily), so not only the community in a
>> strict sense but the ecosystem around it too.
>
> I have sent an email to my open source contacts at SAP, maybe other
> Apache members might have contacts too.

I have my old friend from Sun, Erwin T., as well as others through him, and then some outside
of open source. We've had discussions with SAP before—but that was prior-moulting, when
we were still Oracles.

> Having been in the OOo migrations' business for some years, I firmly
> believe we should try hard to reduce the SI integration gap.

Absolutely. Totally agree. Huzza. So let's. Can we perhaps formalize this in a wiki of Things
That Are Important or At Least Worth It?

Louis